The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus

As in not off. If you want to post about mainstream flicks, this is the forum.

Moderator: Chris Slack

Evil Red

The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus

Post by Evil Red »

I've been waiting a very long time for this movie to arrive. I'd been reading for months that it was looking like it'd only get a UK release and I'm bummed to see now that it's here, it seems not to have been given the push it deserves. This is the sort of movie that makes me wish I still did hallucinogens. Beautiful, surreal with a clusterfuck of gorgeous special fx. Great casting as well.

Johnny Depp, Colin Farrell and Jude Law all stepped in to finish Heath Ledger's main character and managed to make it look as if it was the original scripting. Also starring Christopher Plummer, Lily Cole and Tom Waits as The Devil.
Directed by Terry Gilliam.

Great flick. Go see it!

http://www.sonyclassics.com/theimaginar ... parnassus/
I made the Devil do it.
AchimbaProphet

Post by AchimbaProphet »

Oh yes, a truly beautiful movie. I think that having to cast around Heath Ledger made this a better movie. Everyone's acting was excellent in this. The movie was certainly a trip. I will probably see it again in the theater. It has a very limited showing still. I had to drive to Lynnwood to see it.
"These gangs of bandits have sought to darken the light of the world" - Winston Churchill