Iron man 2

As in not off. If you want to post about mainstream flicks, this is the forum.

Moderator: Chris Slack

Darth Tanner

Iron man 2

Post by Darth Tanner »

Saw this in IMAX the other day and thought it was awesome. I thought it was every bit as good as the original film plus had a better story. Robert Downey Jr. puts in another great performance and Don Cheadle also makes a great replacement for Terrence Howard. We get to see more of Samuel L. Jackson and Scarlett Johansson is also a welcome addition to the cast. Topping it off is a hilarious part by Garry Shandling as Senator Stern.

I did have a few small complaints though. Mickey Rourke puts in a great villainous performance as Whiplash, but his part seemed underused. It would have been great to see him in more action scenes. I also thought that Sam Rockwell's character was just a little annoying. Aside from that the movie is still a lot of fun and well worth checking out.

Just be sure to stick around after the end credits:)
"I have existed from the morning of the world and I shall exist until the last star falls from the heavens. Although I have taken the form of Gaius Caligula, I am all men as I am no man and so... I am a God." - Malcolm McDowell, CALIGULA
------------------

[url=http://www.dvdprofiler.com/mycollection.asp?alias=ctanner5]My DVD collection[/url]
Evil Red

Post by Evil Red »

I liked Sam Rockwell's weapons' spiel. :D
I made the Devil do it.
Remo D

Post by Remo D »

Pretty good film, but I really didn't think it was up to the first one... mainly because (as noted previously) Mickey Rourke didn't get nearly enough to do--I thought the final battle and aftermath were rather ridiculously easy...

SPOILER

SPOILER

SPOILER

SPOILER

...ever since PREDATOR, we've had the convenient flashing red light warning of the final booby trap, and everyone's got JUST enough time to clear the area AND rescue Gwyneth Paltrow before anything actually goes OFF?

That said, the Monte Carlo sequence was excellent, Sam Rockwell was at his slimy best, and I quite liked the drunken party fight.

Oh, Gary Shandling was priceless, and Jon Favreau obviously had a blast in the role he gave himself...

Not a bad film by any means, but I felt it was rather marking time for the AVENGERS movie.
My dog's breath smells like peanut butter...

...and I don't even have a dog!