Tim Burton's ALICE IN WONDERLAND

As in not off. If you want to post about mainstream flicks, this is the forum.

Moderator: Chris Slack

Darth Tanner

Tim Burton's ALICE IN WONDERLAND

Post by Darth Tanner »

So nobody else on here has been to see this yet?

I saw this in IMAX 3-D over the weekend and really enjoyed it. The first fifteen minutes or so are slow, but once you get past that it is a fun ride. The visuals in this movie are absolutely incredible and features some of the best mixture of animation and live action that I've seen. The cast her is absolutely top notch. Mia Wasikowska did a pretty good job as Alice. I always enjoyed seeing Johnny Depp in Burton's films such as ED WOOD and SLEEPY HOLLOW. His performance here as the Mad Hatter is another winner in my book. Helena Bonham Carter is also great as the evil queen with Crispin Glover doing a great villainous turn as her guard. As a bonus treat for Hammer fans, Christopher Lee and Michael Gough contribute briefly to the voice cast. The only weak part in the cast was that Anne Hathaway's performance as the White Queen seemed a little awkward (that "thing" with the hands really irked me everytime she was on the screen). But other than that the rest of the movie was a lot of fun. I won't say it's as good as some of Burton's other stuff but it is still worth checking out for fans of him and Johnny Depp.

Just be sure to see it in IMAX 3-D for maximum effect :D
"I have existed from the morning of the world and I shall exist until the last star falls from the heavens. Although I have taken the form of Gaius Caligula, I am all men as I am no man and so... I am a God." - Malcolm McDowell, CALIGULA
------------------

[url=http://www.dvdprofiler.com/mycollection.asp?alias=ctanner5]My DVD collection[/url]
AchimbaProphet

Post by AchimbaProphet »

I thought that the 3-D aspects of this film were lackluster. It is my understanding that it was not filmed with 3-D in mind but that it was added post-production. I really enjoyed the film but the 3-D was only ok.
"These gangs of bandits have sought to darken the light of the world" - Winston Churchill
Evil Red

Post by Evil Red »

I saw it on opening night and liked it alot. With Anne Hathaway, I'm going to disagree with ya here. I thought her performance was oddly and surprisingly hilarious, very Glinda ~ The Good Witch-esque. Crispin Glover however, is pretty much dead, or more like un-dead to me now after seeing his horrible movie 'Simon Says.' Everytime he's on screen, no matter where I see him now, I have the almost uncontrollable urge to scream his falsetto title line back at him. That was very distracting to me... haha

Hail Tim Burton! :metalhead
I made the Devil do it.
Remo D

Post by Remo D »

FINALLY caught up with this. Not in IMAX, not in 3-D (in which it wasn't actually shot, just like CLASH OF THE TITANS), but still.

I will NEVER criticize Tim Burton's... visuals.

And that's pretty much all I've got to say about this particular production.

You want an ALICE update? You anywhere near the Monterey Peninsula? Then come see me as "Chester the Cat" in James Michael Shoberg's ALICE'S ADVENTURES IN WONDERLAND at the Paper Wing Theatre. Fridays and Saturdays 8PM through the end of May.

Don't bring the kids.

http://www.photoshelter.com/c/scottmacd ... qBG7SPyGg4
My dog's breath smells like peanut butter...

...and I don't even have a dog!
Kimberly

Post by Kimberly »

sorry for the late posting...

i thought it was okay, he's done better... he's done worse
[img]http://i38.tinypic.com/juz953.jpeg[/img]