What will Obama do now?

Anything that doesn't fit into the subject of other forums goes here. Guns, drugs, religion, politics whatever. No flames!

Moderator: Chris Slack

derek666

What will Obama do now?

Post by derek666 »

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090520/ap_ ... guantanamo

Serious thoughts on this issue would be nice, not just a bunch of conservative bashing bullshit. I personally think they should finally be put on trial and do with them whatever convictions or non convictions call for by the book of law!
Chris Slack

Post by Chris Slack »

He won't legalize and tax weed, that's for sure. That would be a hell of an economic stimulus.
"Regrettable... I was hoping for a colleague, but at least we have
another experimental subject..." -Mesa of Lost Women
skipp666

Post by skipp666 »

And the I's have it! :dsmoke:
Chris Slack wrote:He won't legalize and tax weed, that's for sure. That would be a hell of an economic stimulus.
[img]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a236/skipp666/th842b005b.gif[/img][img]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a236/skipp666/ticket.jpg[/img][img]http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a236/skipp666/28025.gif[/img]

Originally Posted by Shitcock Jr
Skipp and the Spice 5[the first pressing of "Douche, the cleaner of the beast" gets my fist in the air everytime!!!].

WWMKD?

[SIZE="1"]"Fatwa has been declared on my ass by the Joanothin. AKA Hippie Gnome."
- Skipp666 (Oct. 5th, 2007)[/SIZE]

RIP Mr. Reed :whine:
Blonde leading the blonde

Post by Blonde leading the blonde »

I think Guantanamo is a bigger problem than they're letting on. My guess is that those prisoners would have been charged if they felt they had a chance at a conviction. My further guess is that they don't want them on US soil and in police custody because they don't want to give them those rights, not because they're terrified to have our precious soil under their tootsies. And I would even go so far as to suggest that, despite all that, they genuinely believe they have deeply dangerous people there. (I would point out, for the record, that in this statement I have made no provision for IQ)

What is he going to do now? Well, he'll either find a compromise they can live with, or he will be unable to fulfill that promise. Honestly, I think his intention was to charge sum, let some go, and transfer some to an even more super-secret location, but I also think it's his lack of specificity that is causing a lot of the push-back.
[img]http://23.floweringnightshade.com/shade/images/VernTinkStar.jpg[/img]

[font="Arial Narrow"]It's not who you are, it's what you wear. I mean, who cares who you are?[/font]

[url=http://www.myspace.com/theblondeleadingtheblonde][font="Arial"][SIZE="2"]100,000 Lemmings Can't Be Wrong![/SIZE][/font][/url]
Jonathan

Post by Jonathan »

I'm no doomsday fool, but...
(edit, no doomsday fool, but addicted to spy novels fool)

Guantanamo is a fortress, on an island.

If the prisoners are held in the States, say in a maximum security prison in Virginia. I will put down $100 that there would be an attempt(s)/attack against wherever that city, prison is. $100. I'm a fan of logic, and it seems 'common sense' that ANYONE can sneak into this country. ANYONE can get any type of weaponry/explosives. You just can't do that on an island on the edge of Cuba, surrounded by subs, warships, tanks and an army.

I'd say, make what happens in Guantanamo transparent. Let the redcross in, keep multi-national observers there. And then start the trials. The important thing is to charge them ASAP. Which is a whole different totally fucked situation thanks to Cheney's gay ass torturing spree.
Take a picture, trick. I'm on a boat, bitch.
PnDsCm

Post by PnDsCm »

Meet the new boss...
Same as the old boss!
[b][color=Pink]Mark it to MARKET bitches![/color][/b]
Jonathan

Post by Jonathan »

If ANYONE thinks Obama is the same as Bush, you've officially worked yourselves into a delusional fit. Go to the park, crack open a Corona, rub lotion on skin, relax.

Now, I'm no doomsday fool, but....

it won't matter anyway. Soon the oceans will rise and swallow us whole.

...swallow us whole....
LIVE FO RETSINIM

Post by LIVE FO RETSINIM »

Chris Slack wrote:He won't legalize and tax weed, that's for sure. That would be a hell of an economic stimulus.
did he say he wouldn't? I was hoping he was for it.
[b]R.I.P. Chelsie[/b]

[b]JJGC [/b] [SIZE="6"]4[/SIZE] [b]LIFE[/b]

Hard work never killed nobody, but I ain't taking no chances.

[URL=http://www.myspace.com/vulgarizer]
[img]http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm123/jankins13/H-N.jpg[/img][/URL]

[URL=http://www.myspace.com/analjudicator]
[img]http://c2.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/72/l_5cca553825c945b796eb9cfb39a0e4dd.jpg[/img][/URL]
DeathFrogg

Post by DeathFrogg »

Jonathan wrote:
...swallow us whole....

Marylin Chambers right?
-

When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross. -Sinclair Lewis

"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their money, first by inflation and then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them, will deprive the people of their property until their children will wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered. - Thomas Jefferson
PnDsCm

Post by PnDsCm »

Jonathan wrote:If ANYONE thinks Obama is the same as Bush, you've officially worked yourselves into a delusional fit. Go to the park, crack open a Corona, rub lotion on skin, relax..
Don't stop believin'... Hold on to that feelin'!

And enjoy the wars in the middle east and the theft of your tax dollars by GS, The Fed and Treasury.

It's a brand new day!
Jonathan

Post by Jonathan »

I would argue that it is necessary to have a military. And, only after every effort is exhausted, war against a group of people who's sole existence is to eradicate western civilization.

The biggest mistake of the decade was what we did to Iraq. Not only did it send the Middle East spiralling down into chaos, creating 100x more anti-western fanatics, but it took 90% of our focus away on the operation in Afghanistan. We should have sent everything we had there. And kept them there until (a) the Taliban was destroyed (b) Al Qaeda was totally removed from the country (c) Bin Laden was caught, tried and then put to death and (d) we "help" set up their infrastructure and a stable government backed by the will of their people.

We COULD have done that. But did the opposite. So the options are to just leave Afghanistan, letting the Taliban regroup, Al Qaeda grow, Bin Laden safe and a country barely running... or do what we should have done 7 years ago.

As far as government spending. I don't have an opinion on that. The economy was pushed off a cliff by Bush. How to stop from falling, as you're falling? I don't know. Spend or don't spend, we're fucked for quite a while.

I'm not saying I'm blindly going along with everything Obama does. Congress, to me, is the real piece of shit. They need to grow balls or else the Republicans will start looking awesome again. haha
Morbid

Post by Morbid »

[color="Red"]Twitter... because texting whilst driving [i]isn't[/i] dangerous enough...[/color]
"Almost ran over a bicyclist because he didn't stop at the stop sign, idiot."
"Oops, ran over a bicyclist while writing that last twit."

Me on Myspace - [url]http://www.myspace.com/johndevosofficial[/url]
Me on YouTube - [url]http://www.youtube.com/user/johnthedrummer88[/url]
PnDsCm

Post by PnDsCm »

@Jonathan

I'd suggest you start asking yourself whether you wish to spend your tax money on a defense department that defends the United States or if you want to have that 500+ Billion Dollars yearly be used as it is now to project power around the world in the interests of corporate profits.

I think it's sad that we have to have a department of Homeland Security now because the DoD is no longer able or interested in defending the country.

The money pumped into this manufactured collapse is the most collosal waste of pulled forward taxpayer wealth ever stolen from you. The 150 Billion dollars given to AIG was only pushed THROUGH AIG and back to Goldman Sachs and the rest of the large investment banks. It was flat out theft brought about by fear in the same way that that 9/11 convinced the general population to give up their civil and constitutional rights without hardly a whimper.

Lest you really think the economic collapse is really some partisan game, do a little research on Glass-Steagall and who signed it. Then check out the heavy economic hitters in Obama's Cabinet, particularly Larry Summers and see if you really think he's working in your interests.

Lastly check out this interview with Naomi Klein and in particular check out what she says here because it's the truth:

http://www.wowowow.com/politics/naomi-k ... page=0%2C1
Naomi Klein wrote:NAOMI: What gave me hope was that when the economic crisis hit, Obama got serious and his analysis became more concrete. It’s really worth remembering that he started winning the election when Lehman collapsed and he started putting the ideology of Reaganism on trial. He started saying, “This economic crisis is the result of the policies of deregulation and trickle-down economics that have dominated this country.” But he said, “for the last eight years.” That was wrong. And that was part of the problem.

JOAN: Because it’s the last 30.

NAOMI: It’s the last 30 and, you know, that was a piece of intellectual dishonesty that I think has cost us dearly. That was a good electoral line because we all wanted to be able to blame it all on Republicans, because that was a much more sellable election slogan. “Everything was fine in the ‘90s when you had Clinton and we just need to get back to that.” And what that did was gloss over the absolutely central role that Robert Rubin and Larry Summers played in creating this crisis. And lo and behold, they’re back with their protégés in tow. There’s really a shared responsibility, and it’s an argument for more intellectual honesty, more principled stands and fewer strategic calculations. What worries me so much is that it’s fine for politicians to be strategic. But social movements should be principled. They shouldn’t always be thinking about what’s the right strategy, what’s the sellable message, what’s the talking point, because then you end up in a situation like this. Larry Summers is back. Larry Summers was given a pass during the entire election.
Lastly and I do mean lastly, I'd like to disclose that I am NOT a republican, have never voted that way. I was vehemently anti-Bush, and was disgusted by the war on Clinton and Gore. With that out of the way I'm even more disgusted by the way people in this country have been so sheepified as to believe that we can "hope" our way out of this fucking mess by believing in a man who clearly does not have your best interests at heart. Best of luck everyone.
derek666

Post by derek666 »

Jonathan wrote:I would argue that it is necessary to have a military. And, only after every effort is exhausted, war against a group of people who's sole existence is to eradicate western civilization.

The biggest mistake of the decade was what we did to Iraq. Not only did it send the Middle East spiralling down into chaos, creating 100x more anti-western fanatics, but it took 90% of our focus away on the operation in Afghanistan. We should have sent everything we had there. And kept them there until (a) the Taliban was destroyed (b) Al Qaeda was totally removed from the country (c) Bin Laden was caught, tried and then put to death and (d) we "help" set up their infrastructure and a stable government backed by the will of their people.

We COULD have done that. But did the opposite. So the options are to just leave Afghanistan, letting the Taliban regroup, Al Qaeda grow, Bin Laden safe and a country barely running... or do what we should have done 7 years ago.

As far as government spending. I don't have an opinion on that. The economy was pushed off a cliff by Bush. How to stop from falling, as you're falling? I don't know. Spend or don't spend, we're fucked for quite a while.

I'm not saying I'm blindly going along with everything Obama does. Congress, to me, is the real piece of shit. They need to grow balls or else the Republicans will start looking awesome again. haha
We never should have went to Iraq, that should have been taken care of back in 91!! Never should have left Afghanistan, how could no one find the tallest damn Muslim walking around a fucking mountainside??

The economy didnt really start taking an enormous shit until October 2007 when the housing bubble took a huge dump along with numerous other things that were taking place at that time, which leads to my blame the left. The stock market hit its highest point ever on Oct 9th or 16th I believe?? and for some odd reason when the dem's put their power and ways into production, the economy spiralled out of control to where it is today. Not all bullshit can be put on the moron Bush!! Remember who besides him were voting the massive bailouts in and giving all that money away.

Fuck the GOP and FUCK the DNC!!! They are both in the pocket of anyone who gives them money and not a single one from either party gives a shit about any of us "little people"

You dont have to look further than this state to see how shit is fucked. Gregoire needs a good ol CUNT PUNCH!! Cut basic health, cut 2 voter passed initiatives for schools and pay for pedophiles to get out of prison??? Makes sense don't it?
derek666

Post by derek666 »

Jonathan wrote:I would argue that it is necessary to have a military. And, only after every effort is exhausted, war against a group of people who's sole existence is to eradicate western civilization.

We never should have went to Iraq, that should have been taken care of back in 91!! Never should have left Afghanistan, how could no one find the tallest damn Muslim walking around a fucking mountainside??

The economy didnt really start taking an enormous shit until October 2007 when the housing bubble took a huge dump along with numerous other things that were taking place at that time, which leads to my blame the left. The stock market hit its highest point ever on Oct 9th or 16th I believe?? and for some odd reason when the dem's put their power and ways into production, the economy spiralled out of control to where it is today. Not all bullshit can be put on the moron Bush!! Remember who besides him were voting the massive bailouts in and giving all that money away.

Fuck the GOP and FUCK the DNC!!! They are both in the pocket of anyone who gives them money and not a single one from either party gives a shit about any of us "little people"

You dont have to look further than this state to see how shit is fucked. Gregoire needs a good ol CUNT PUNCH!! Cut basic health, cut 2 voter passed initiatives for schools and pay for pedophiles to get out of prison??? Makes sense don't it?
Jonathan

Post by Jonathan »

I don't believe any politician, from any President down to the City Counselman, has my best interest.

I'm not content with the spending, bailouts and whatever else they've thrown out there. I am very much not informed of the complexities of the economy. So much of it rides on millions of variables. From people who make $35K a year getting house loans, to wage issues, world trade issues, corruption, wallstreet douchery, capitalism in general, drug wars, medical care, auto industry douchery, ghetto breeding, materialism in general... it's all out of control and if anyone thinks they have the perfect answer that'll solve all of that shit in 5 months, they should be the new King of the World.

Throwing money at it won't fix it. Not throwing money at it won't fix it. Bitching about it won't fix it. The only thing that WILL fix it is the majority of citizens stop themselves from being in one of the above. No one person can do it. It takes me, you, everyone to be responsible, sensible and the best I/they can be. And that won't happen. Because we're all sheep in some fashion, in some degree or another.

Like I said, I don't blindly follow anyone. And I think if one person makes a 100 decisions in a short amount of time and 50 of them are bad, 50 of them are good. I won't label that person the same as someone who was 95 bad and 5 lucky. I won't be a yesman either. I just observe and discuss, sometimes I type the word "douchery" as well.

As for Homeland Security. That is a joke. We have the CIA, FBI, NSA, on and on. If managed well, we probably wouldn't even need to ever use the actual military aside from special forces (Seals, Rangers, etc).
Jonathan

Post by Jonathan »

work computer hiccupped
derek666

Post by derek666 »

We should have finnished Iraq back in 91, there was no reason for us to be there now!! Never should have left Afghanistan, in fact how hard could it be to find the worlds tallest Muslim on a fucking mountainside??

Fuck Government handouts, spending whatever you wanna call it!!!!! Blame Bush for the first handouts all you want but it was the dem's that voted for it, not the right!!! If you take these "wars" out of the equation, 6 years under dumbfuck Bush wouldnt have been bad. The damn stockmarket didnt start taking a shit until the Dem's budget hit the books in Oct 07. You cant blame Bush and the GOP for all the money being given away like candy on Halloween, look who voted for that shit.

As far as I am concerned with both parties is easy, FUCK THE BOTH OF THEM!! Neither fucking side has a clue what its like to be one of the "little people" Read over Gregoires budget sometime, she is more retarded than Bush as to where money goes and what voters approved that she suspended!! This cuntry is fucked, and B-Rock is a fucking joke. The only change I have seen is shit loads of more money being given away, and more government control! fuck NObama!!
derek666

Post by derek666 »

Jonathan wrote:work computer hiccupped
Mine did the same shit so I tried to retype what I earlier said and sound even dumber than I usually do hahahaha fuck I hate computers:machine:
derek666

Post by derek666 »

DeathFrogg wrote:Marylin Chambers right?
ahhh yes she was a good one!!!:cheers:
derek666

Post by derek666 »

Jonathan wrote:I don't believe any politician, from any President down to the City Counselman, has my best interest.

I'm not content with the spending, bailouts and whatever else they've thrown out there. I am very much not informed of the complexities of the economy. So much of it rides on millions of variables. From people who make $35K a year getting house loans, to wage issues, world trade issues, corruption, wallstreet douchery, capitalism in general, drug wars, medical care, auto industry douchery, ghetto breeding, materialism in general... it's all out of control and if anyone thinks they have the perfect answer that'll solve all of that shit in 5 months, they should be the new King of the World.

Throwing money at it won't fix it. Not throwing money at it won't fix it. Bitching about it won't fix it. The only thing that WILL fix it is the majority of citizens stop themselves from being in one of the above. No one person can do it. It takes me, you, everyone to be responsible, sensible and the best I/they can be. And that won't happen. Because we're all sheep in some fashion, in some degree or another.

Like I said, I don't blindly follow anyone. And I think if one person makes a 100 decisions in a short amount of time and 50 of them are bad, 50 of them are good. I won't label that person the same as someone who was 95 bad and 5 lucky. I won't be a yesman either. I just observe and discuss, sometimes I type the word "douchery" as well.

As for Homeland Security. That is a joke. We have the CIA, FBI, NSA, on and on. If managed well, we probably wouldn't even need to ever use the actual military aside from special forces (Seals, Rangers, etc).
You will be my yesman, now get naked and rub my belly with butter!!!!
Jonathan

Post by Jonathan »

derek666 wrote:You will be my yesman, now get naked and rub my belly with butter!!!!
I will be the best that I can be...
derek666

Post by derek666 »

Jonathan wrote:I will be the best that I can be...
I think that I love you more and more as time goes by
The Green Manalishi

Post by The Green Manalishi »

Washington is beautiful, I am a daughter of Seattle, and our GOV. C SUCKS rodent ass.

The administration, OH BAMA. He's up to bat for some tuff times a commin'. Just feelin' it.
It's been too damn "Happy" all the AirforceOne trips...the dinners and entertaining...I just think paradise is gonna get some kinda dumped on here soon....he's probably going to have to make a really big decision and its not going to go down well........

Just my savant talking. No, not really.

Oh yeah. our governor CAN F*&#'G EAT corny pooh. Bith.
"Ideas, who knows where they frickin' come from".
"Issac Newton invented gravity because some asshole hit him in the head with an apple."

-"Christafah" Moltisanti -Soprano's

:devildoll
[url]http://www.myspace.com/puppyuppers[/url]
The Green Manalishi

Post by The Green Manalishi »

Oh and by the way...not registered to vote. Haven't voted since Ross Perot. That's right. Don't be hatin.

I believe in Solar and wind power, excellent irrigation systems and earth friendly architectural structures both residential and corporate.
And until that can be done on a global massive scale, we're pretty much jacked.

Nostradamus Quatrains people. Melting Ice caps. Not cool, literally.
"Ideas, who knows where they frickin' come from".
"Issac Newton invented gravity because some asshole hit him in the head with an apple."

-"Christafah" Moltisanti -Soprano's

:devildoll
[url]http://www.myspace.com/puppyuppers[/url]