Jackass 3-D

As in not off. If you want to post about mainstream flicks, this is the forum.

Moderator: Chris Slack

Remo D

Jackass 3-D

Post by Remo D »

Roger Ebert definitely had a point. When he was inundated with complaints that he failed to review the first JACKASS movie, he was legitimately taken aback and responded that such a movie was, essentially, unreviewable. It's the modern day equivalent of a "mondo" film only without any phony social/educational "context." The boys are here to shock you--to make you laugh, make you cringe, make you sick. And they've still got it.

And oh, yes, the 3-D makes it that much harder to stomach. Every substance you were afraid would get stuck in your face is there by the bucketload. (Really--close your eyes when you see the model train--you DON'T want to see where that's going. And now that I've said that, of course you're going to go out of your way TO see it.)

There are also plenty of funny NON-grossout stunts and 'candid camera' pranks. A barroom sketch initiated by Wee Man stands out in particular, and Johnny Knoxville's "old man" getup prompts a truly uncomfortable sidewalk encounter "Can you take our picture?"

And while the "invisible man" sequence is truly shocking when you see the impact in slow motion (that's a LOT of bull), the "bighorn sheep" stunt is one of the funniest bits altogether.

Just a couple of questions... by this time, is Bam's mother REALLY so gullible that she can't tell the difference between a real gorilla and a guy in a gorilla suit?

And speaking of animals? I'm disturbed by what it said on the end credit crawl. "SOME of the animal action was monitored by the SPCA... no animals were harmed during THESE scenes." What the hell does that mean? Does it just mean that animals appeared in scenes without the SPCA's presence (like the bighorn sheep--that's fine, nothing happened to HIM), or did some animals actually get hurt for our entertainment elsewhere? Please clarify and make me feel better.

Other than that, you don't need me OR Roger Ebert. You already know if you're going to take this one on or not. Your move.
LIVE FO RETSINIM

Re: Jackass 3-D

Post by LIVE FO RETSINIM »

i fuckin loved it! There is one prank they pull with WeeMan that I was litereally crying over! I still LOL when I think about it. They are a bit older, but they still got it IMO. The 3d didn't make me turn away every 2 min like Avatar did, and I thought it was OK. Go see this movie.
Chris Slack

Re: Jackass 3-D

Post by Chris Slack »

I'll definitely be seeing this one way or another :)