Living Hell

The Horrornews forum has been around for years. This is where the wealth of information shared by our community over the years can be read.
Gorified

Living Hell

Post by Gorified »

Picked up Living Hell last week (along with Zombie Holocaust -great movie!!- and Leatherface: TCM III).

Living Hell is in Japanese and subtitled so, I knew to expect some reading. :) Anyway, I thought the movie was pretty cool. Some strange stuff in the style of Ju-On and Ringu. As usual, there are a few moments where you're wondering "Why dont they just do this or that" but, overall I thought the script was fairly well written and acted.

There is, however, one misleading quote on the box (as most of us know to doubt anything written on the cases regarding content). It stated that it will go down in history right along side Dead Alive, Cemetery Man and Evil Dead II for gore. This, of course, is not even close to true. There is blood in several scenes and one or two other goodies but, nothing like the previously mentioned movies.

I was happy with this one due to the fact of the oddness of the characters. Check it out if you havent already. I tend to really like "creepy" movies and this was one of them!
4 out of 5 losers agree, you're cool!
MrFulci

Post by MrFulci »

I thought this movie was boring. I watched it all the way through, without fast forwarding. I could have fast forwarded instead of wasting my time with it.

I foudn nothing scary or creepy in this movie, though I do remember a scene where a kid finds worms in his lap. He screams. Why is that so frightening?

There were many other moments during this movie that didn't seem to work.

Overall, I was not entertained. It's not the most awful movie I've seen, however I won't watch it again. 1-10, I'd give it a 4 due to effort. The silly scene with the stuffed-animal dog being thrown on the table was great. It pretty much set the tone for the rest of the movie.
Damnit, Beavis, put that away. You're not supposed to have your penis out when you're cooking.
Gorified

Post by Gorified »

The dog thing was actually laying on the floor with a gaping wound in the neck from the girl eating it.

The worm scene was pretty lame for sure. Some things I did like were the tazer and water on the groin, using the guy as a dart board, pulling teeth with pliers and the old lady and girl were just plain freaks!

It definitely isn't in the top 20 movies of mine but, I found it entertaining. :)
4 out of 5 losers agree, you're cool!
Kimberly

Post by Kimberly »

I thought it was decent...
[img]http://i38.tinypic.com/juz953.jpeg[/img]
Kimberly

Post by Kimberly »

I found a post I made about this film from another newsgroup...

Low budget Jap flick that starts off good and gets too goofy towards the end...

A young boy who not only is wheelchair bound, but his family questions his
mental stability... gets tortured by an old woman and her grandaughter when
they move into his family's home. A reporter is investigating the pair from a
murder that took place a year earlier by the two... and more recent the old
woman has vanished from the mental hospital where she was staying. Who are these two women? I ain't telling... go watch it yourself.

The movie was really good (for low budget) until the end where it has all these "twists and turns"... which they really could of done without. A few things kinda pissed me off such as... the boy is being tortured... the grandaughter couldn't of weighed more then 80lbs soaking wet... reach up and punch the bitch!! Then again had he done that I guess the movie would of been over. Other little things... you come home to find your younger brother with a dart board ring drawn on his shirt... with darts in his chest... you find him just a bleeding mess... how about you take him and get the fuck out of the house... but instead you go and lock yourself in the room... I guess some of the people in this movie were just asking for it because of their stupidity...

Starts off great... and just comes apart.
[img]http://i38.tinypic.com/juz953.jpeg[/img]