Fuck everything else coming out...

The Horrornews forum has been around for years. This is where the wealth of information shared by our community over the years can be read.
I am 138

Fuck everything else coming out...

Post by I am 138 »

Bad Taste is comin' on double DVD!!! Fuck yeah!

------------------
"Anarchy means crossing when it says 'Don't Walk'" - TISM
[color=Yellow]11/26/65 - 3/9/05[/color]

[b]i miss nme666 and i approve this message.[/b]
Chris Slack

Post by Chris Slack »

It had better have some good extras on it as I am pretty satisfied with the Canadian DVD I got a while back. Sure the quality isn't that great but it was a budget flick shot on 16mm Image

------------------
"Regrettable... I was hoping for a colleague, but at least we have
another experimental subject..." -Mesa of Lost Women

Don't forget to check out our music site Gravemusic.com
"Regrettable... I was hoping for a colleague, but at least we have
another experimental subject..." -Mesa of Lost Women
I am 138

Post by I am 138 »

That's a bootleg DVD. It's taken from the old Magnum print, and it was a a flawed Magnum print at that. BT is my favorite movie though, so I must have it in the best quality possible.

------------------

Griff [Mola]

Post by Griff [Mola] »

Will it include the 'Good Taste Made Bad Taste' NZ TV special from back in the day?
I am 138

Post by I am 138 »

The limited (not very limited, there's 50,000 copies) edition does. I don't think the standard one will.

------------------

Jon

Post by Jon »

Details are up on the AB website now, and it appears that the cover art will differ between the 2 versions. The limited ed has the alien giving the original 1 finger salute and the movie only version has an added raised finger. http://www.anchorbayentertainment.com/comingattractions/
"When Cliff Richard wrote 'Wired For Sound', there's no way he was sitting on a clean lavatory" - Rik Mayall, The Young Ones.
Darth Tanner

Post by Darth Tanner »

I can't understand why Anchor Bay is wasting a second-disc just for a 25-minute documentary. Surely there was enough room to put it on one disc and make it a single special edition. I just see it as yet another scheme to get the consumer's money (kind of like what they're doing now with that "bootleg" ARMY OF DARKNESS DVD). $20 more just for a 25-minute documentary and booklet? Well I guess that will work if you are a big fan of the film. I may or may not get this...I haven't decided yet. As it is, I'm still waiting for AB to send me my OPERA replacement disc and see if they got it right this time.

As far as upcoming DVD releases go, I'm personally more interested in Artisan's release of the first season of "Twin Peaks" (due out 12/4). That is the only release on the horizon right now that is worth my $$$ being the TP fan that I am Image
"I have existed from the morning of the world and I shall exist until the last star falls from the heavens. Although I have taken the form of Gaius Caligula, I am all men as I am no man and so... I am a God." - Malcolm McDowell, CALIGULA
------------------

[url=http://www.dvdprofiler.com/mycollection.asp?alias=ctanner5]My DVD collection[/url]
I am 138

Post by I am 138 »

Anchor Bay's always done weird shit. They released Dawn of the Dead with two tapes and the second was 17 minutes of trailers and shit, but they released Legend of the Seven Gold Vampires on one tape, and that included the US and uncut version of the film...

As for the finger...the two finger is the censored US art-the boxes originally came shrink wrapped with the extra finger on the plastic, when the tape was opened, the alien was flipping you off. The ironic thing is that the two finger thing is actually the same as flipping you off in many parts of the world (including NZ).

------------------

Muncher666

Post by Muncher666 »

I was about to say... Image

That's the thing though, considering the pricks we have down here, the box art isn't censored in the slightest. His finger sticks up loudly and proudly on the front cover. Funny thing is I'm told the aussie version is a little slashed.

Allan.

------------------
"Smoosh the fishy on the bready boardie!" - Swedish Chef
"I pitched the WB a show where Daffy Duck and Bugs Bunny were teenagers, and I was a teenager too, and we were all pirates, but every week we would have different jobs and identities. And they called back and said it was stupid! And that I was stupid too! And let me tell you something. There's nothing stupid about a teenage rabbit teaching good hygiene! NOTHING!" - Space Ghost.
DylanDog

Post by DylanDog »

So am I the ONLY one in the horror community who hated this movie? It sure seems that way sometimes!

------------------
"In the end they will lay their freedom at our feet and say to us, 'Make us your slaves, but feed us.'" (Dosteovsky's Grand Inquisitor.)
"This must be settled the way nature intended...with a vicious, bloody fight!!"
Onyx Blackman
Principal
Flatpoint High
[url=http://www.dvdprofiler.com/mc.asp?alias=Nekrodave&type=A]DVDS[/url]
[url=http://www.collectiondx.com/gallery/Collections/Nekrodave/]TOYS[/url]
[url=http://www.myspace.com/nekrodave]MySpace[/url]
Muncher666

Post by Muncher666 »

Hope so. I found it to be incredibly entertaining and quite an achievement. It's also a testament to indie filmmakers everywhere. Why did you hate it, Dylan?

Allan.
"I pitched the WB a show where Daffy Duck and Bugs Bunny were teenagers, and I was a teenager too, and we were all pirates, but every week we would have different jobs and identities. And they called back and said it was stupid! And that I was stupid too! And let me tell you something. There's nothing stupid about a teenage rabbit teaching good hygiene! NOTHING!" - Space Ghost.
Latte Thunder

Post by Latte Thunder »

Looks like you're alone on this one, Dave. I loved Bad Taste. The scene where they roast the sheep with the rocket launcher even brings a chuckle just thinking about it.

This is definitely a disc I'll pick up, even if it has a wasted second disc. Also, the Twin Peaks season 1 disc is going to be cool. Whenever Bravo runs it I always wind up missing it.

And someone mentioned the Bootleg edition of Army of Darkness, what exactly is that? How does it differ from the last limited edition disc they released?
[url=http://www.cinema-suicide.com]Cinema Suicide[/url]
[url=http://soundtracks.cinema-suicide.com]Soundtrack Apocalisse[/url]
Griff [Mola]

Post by Griff [Mola] »

BAD TASTE is probably my fave Pete Jackson flick and anyone who doesn't like it is in my opinion, well, different.

Yeah, Muncher, its slightly cut in Australia, notably during the hillside struggle and mainly with that bayonette-torture action.

Yet another LE scam from Anchor Bay...
David Austin

Post by David Austin »

The whole "Bootleg" AOD disc thing may come from the fact that for the Director's Cut of Army Of Darkness, Sam Raimi and Rob Tapert had to cut to footage off a video master. This is explained on the audio commentary, and it doesn't bother me in the slightest. Sometimes this kind of stuff has to be done - Watch AB's version of THE CRAZIES. Sometimes the elements are either badly damaged or just plain gone for good.

------------------
"Pat yourself on the back and be sure to let your board buddies know what
a Keyboard Commando you are."
"Pat yourself on the back and be sure to let your board buddies know what
a Keyboard Commando you are."
violentm

Post by violentm »

Wow! How fuckin' shitty! Good Taste Made Bad Taste! Who fucking cares!? I have a dupe of both. Those 25 minutes must be in immaculate quality with no compression at all for AB to not include it on a single disc. YEESH!
[i] [color=white] I wish the dead could come back to life you bastard cause then I could kill ya again.
[/i] [b] -- Let Sleeping Corpses Lie [/color] [/b]
DylanDog

Post by DylanDog »

I don't know guys, I just didn't find it very funny (you do classify this "comedy", right?). I found most of the people in it to be rather annoying. Maybe someday I'll give it another look, but for now, I'll just have to continue to be, ah, different...

ps-I also hated Meet the Feebles, if you care to know! Image

------------------
"In the end they will lay their freedom at our feet and say to us, 'Make us your slaves, but feed us.'" (Dosteovsky's Grand Inquisitor.)
"This must be settled the way nature intended...with a vicious, bloody fight!!"
Onyx Blackman
Principal
Flatpoint High
[url=http://www.dvdprofiler.com/mc.asp?alias=Nekrodave&type=A]DVDS[/url]
[url=http://www.collectiondx.com/gallery/Collections/Nekrodave/]TOYS[/url]
[url=http://www.myspace.com/nekrodave]MySpace[/url]
I am 138

Post by I am 138 »

There may be more than just the documentary on it. It would be a waste if it's just one thing. I just got the Holy Grail special edition today, and that thing is packed. (well, they're both comedies with gore...it's related)

------------------

Darth Tanner

Post by Darth Tanner »

According to Anchor Bay's website, the only extra on that second disc seems to be the documentary. Seeing as the movie itself is only 91 minutes and only includes the trailer and a Peter Jackson bio, there would have been more than enough room for the documentary on the disc (even considering there are three audio tracks). I mean look at OPERA - that movie is 107 minutes long and contains three audio tracks, but they were still able to fit a 36-minute documentary as well as trailers and a music video on the same disc as the movie. The only other advantage to the limited edition is that it includes a 16-page booklet, but that could have also been included in a single-disc release. Yep, smells like a money-making scheme alright.

As for that "bootleg" ARMY OF DARKNESS disc, it is supposedly the same director's cut that was released TWICE before as a limited edition. Although some claim it has a few new extras, I see no difference from the other two releases. I find this to be really lame since it devalues the meaning of a limited edition to begin with. Remember that Anchor Bay did the same thing with HALLOWEEN. The "extended version" was only available as a Limited Edition that went for big money on Ebay once it went out-of-print. Then Anchor Bay turned right around and released the "extended version" this summer as a single release. While I think it is great to make them available (i.e. more affordable) to fans, real collector's are probably pissed since their Limited Edition's aren't that anymore. I imagine it's only a matter of time before the director's cuts of SUPERGIRL and MANHUNTER (only available as Limited Editions) become single releases.

BTW Latte - nice to see I'm not the only TP fan here. I agree that set is going to rock and I hope to have it in my hands when it comes out. I only hope season two won't be far behind.
"I have existed from the morning of the world and I shall exist until the last star falls from the heavens. Although I have taken the form of Gaius Caligula, I am all men as I am no man and so... I am a God." - Malcolm McDowell, CALIGULA
------------------

[url=http://www.dvdprofiler.com/mycollection.asp?alias=ctanner5]My DVD collection[/url]
I am 138

Post by I am 138 »

Wait, there's ANOTHER director's cut? Besides the one with Ash in arms raised on the cover (and I think the box was gold)? I would like to see the director's cut, but am very wary of any film with 15 extra minutes...which is why I didn't pick up the Halloween extended version...I should watch Halloween tonight. Right day and all. Well, almost.

------------------

Latte Thunder

Post by Latte Thunder »

As far as Army of Darkness goes, I just want a version of it with the original theatrical ending tagged on. This time travel one was cute when I had the Japanese laserdisc cut but my personal favorite ending was the one with the shoot out in the S-Mart.

138: The "director's cut" I have is the one you're talking about with the gold box and the british poster art. There was a tin box edition released before that one with a second disc of extras and the movie and commentary on the first disc. Essentially, both discs are the same exact thing with the second disc being eliminated in the most recent release. And they are both "limited edition".
I am 138

Post by I am 138 »

Is the director's cut good, though? It seems the only real reason to track that version down if for the commentary.

------------------

Latte Thunder

Post by Latte Thunder »

the commentary alone is worth the price of the disk. Raimi and Campbell spend most of the commentary ripping on each other and reminiscing about how Sam beat the fuck out of Bruce on each shoot.

that and the movie is a hoot.
I am 138

Post by I am 138 »

Yes, but is the movie better? Or just too long?

------------------

Wankinstein

Post by Wankinstein »

No glowin fingers on these bastards
TEST

------------------
Ladies and
Gentlemen,welcome to violence;the word and the act.While violence cloaks itself in a plethora of disguises,its favourite mantle still remains sex.
-Faster Pussycat,KILL KILL
I am 138

Post by I am 138 »

My personal fav:

"Maybe they haven't seen Star Trek, Ozzy"

------------------